Saturday, February 19, 2011

Giving

We're making our first trip out to the Extreme Makeover Home Edition site today. Abby will be 1 of 8 or so Girl Scouts there giving out GS cookies.I think that it's so amazing that so many local people are giving their time and talents to make the Sharrock family a home that suits their special needs.

I think that this example of giving is something that I would like for all of our boys to have. We will be planning trips to the Chattanooga Rescue Mission and possibly to the Community Kitchen in the near future. We need to educate our Scouts about some of the challenges people right here in our community face on a daily basis. It will open their eyes and help them focus on important things like halping your neighbor, giving back and help them become good citizens. Our children are our future. We need to make sure we expose them to real life, and not always shelter them from the "ugly" side of things.

I care about each of our boys and their families like they are my own. I wouldn"t be a part of this pack if I didn't.

Be sure to pray every day for those that you love, don't forget about those that suffer from life's circumstances and always remember the men and women that risk their lives daily to defend our freedoms.

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment