Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blue and Gold

Last night was our Blue and Gold Banquet. I think that everything went off as well as could be expected. A lot of hard wrok from many people went into this event and I am truly grateful for everyones help. I can't mention everyone, but I do want to thank Tuck, Aimee and Gerald for helping with the setup on Friday night. also to Scott and Cathy for everything they do, and without Diane, service Saturday night would not have been as good as it was.

I also wanted to say thank you again to our friends from Angel EMS and the Catoosa County Sherrif's Department for being our special guest and chili judges. I hope ya'll were able to make it through the night after tasting 12 different bowls of chili. Also as a side note. I got a phone call from Pastor Joe about 9pm Saturday night. He was calling to make sure everything went ok and to make sure there wasn't any trouble. Someone had sent Richie a message saying that there was an ambulance at the Church with the lights on and they got a little concerned. After I explained that they were there at our request and they were letting the kids explore the ambulance, everyone took a breath of relief. Too funny.

The Cub Cars look incredible. I can't wait for everyone to see them on race day. We will work to get more signatures on the Armed Forces car before then.

I was completely blown away with the gift from the Pack. I don't need gifts for doing what I do for the boys. I would do it anyway, but I do appreciate and love the work of art. It is now my Facebook profile image. I will treasure it always. I am blessed to have such a great Pack family. I do love and appreciate everyone.

Thank you again. Pinewood Derby and Rain gutter Regatta(Weather Permitting) next weekend. We will have Pinewood Derby rain or shine at 1pm.

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment